Hi sweet peas
As you’ve probably noticed I have been absolutely overloaded with school-work, and assignments that have to be handed in! so I thought I would compile a list of ways I am managing stress and health, right from the insiders perspective.
1. Sleep, sleep and more sleep! Honestly, sleep is key for maintaining energy and health, and definitely negatively affects you when you don’t get enough! Recently one of my friends decided to be very strict about her bedtimes, and decided that every night she was going to be in bed by 9pm on the dot. Since she gets up at 7am, this meant a full 10 hours’ sleep!! That sounds amazing! So far, I think it is working for her, and even if she doesn’t get to sleep straight off, she is resting.
2. Water! Make sure you drink lots of water – it is definitely what I find makes or breaks my energy levels throughout the day. Generally, I try to drink at least two bottles of water per school day (1.5 litres). (in fact, as I am writing this I am guiltily taking a few sips of water just to make sure I am following my own advice haha!)
3. Food! Make sure you eat a substantial breakfast that keeps you going; I eat a grainy piece of toast with peanut butter, and it lasts me through to morning tea 😊 one thing I sometimes forget is to eat lunch, and it is sooooo important that you do! Make sure you eat some lunch, and afternoon tea if you need! Not eating doesn’t benefit you in the least, and trust me you won’t be able to concentrate! Also, don’t be tempted to cut out food – it’s better to replace food, than to cut out the meal altogether!
4. Take time out. Make sure you have an allocated time for rest and relaxing! Even if it’s just saying the from 5pm onwards you are going to watch TV, and blog 😉 make sure you have some downtime so you don’t overload. In saying that, don’t spend too long on this though – you do need to make sure you balance this with doing work. You’ll find it easier to relax if your work is done 😊
5. Exercise! I cannot emphasise enough how important it is to keep active. A lot of the time lack of energy actually comes from doing nothing; I usually feel pretty tired when I get home from school, but its only my brain that’s tired, and my body still needs a workout! Even if you just do some stretches, or a gentle walk, its doing something, and is getting the oxygen going through your body. My best tip is to make your workout plan variated and fun. Don’t do the same old thing if its making you bored – do something new and fun! Try new things, and trust me it will make a difference.
I hope you guys appreciated the tips, and I know I certainly need to use them haha! 😃 I find planning when I am going to do all these things significantly helps, and gets me more motivated 😊
I would love to hear your thoughts about this! Do you have any tips? Do you do any of these? How do you keep motivated?
Much love, and warm autumn hugs (it has gone to winter ridiculously quick over here!)